Bruna Barbosa is an associate attorney at Barbosa Legal, whose practice focuses on advising individuals and businesses on international inbound and outbound tax issues. Bruna counsels clients on U.S. real estate investments, business organizations, cross-border transactions, pre-immigration tax planning, estate planning, and trusts.
As a Brazilian native, who has traveled extensively, Bruna has a unique global perspective. Her previous experience includes working in Wolfsburg, Germany, within Volkswagen’s Legal Department and in New York City, NY, with a renowned international law firm. Her exposure to the complexities of transatlantic legal conflicts and enforcement of international contracts continues to be a valuable asset to her clients.
Bruna’s legal acumen in the field of international taxation has led to her being a featured speaker in conferences in Latin America and the United States. In her speaking engagements, she is responsible for educating realtors, attorneys, and investors on the complexities of the American tax code, and conducting business within the United States.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (LL.M. in Taxation, 2017)
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, FL (J.D., 2012)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (B.S., 2008)
July 23, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA, USA.
Title: EB-5 Visa Convention
February 13, 2018 – Orlando, Florida, USA.
Title: Brazil Miami Summit
Sponsored by: Brazil America Council in Orlando Florida.
March 5, 2018 – Aventura, FL, USA.
Title: Miami Summit 2018
Sponsored by: GoNext Family Business
June 19, 2015 – São José do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Title: How to Invest in US Real Estate
Sponsored by: Armazém Imobiliário
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- International Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Miami-Dade County Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Editor-in-Chief of Online Content – Education Committee – Florida Bar Tax Section.
- Florida Bar ILS Tax Committee
- English (native)
- Portuguese (native)
- Spanish (conversational)
- German (conversational)